Sunday, August 31, 2008

The move has started...

It's always exciting to be a new home owner. Jane and I can't wait until we are in our new home and settled. Still there is the moving that one can not avoid. Today we moved a car load and three large loads in the pickup. We are "only" moving the little stuff this week. The guys from the shop will be helping with the larger furniture on Monday.
I forgot what it is like to live in a two story home, and one with a basement as well (even though that is what I grew up in living in Walla Walla). I also forgot that Murphy's law applies to all awkward, breaking down or heavy boxes. Simply put it means they have to go up, or down a flight of stairs and probably through a door that is smaller than the box. . . Good news! Yes there is good news. I survived! I even scraped the garage to prep it for the epoxy coating. Then my scraper broke in two and I was no longer using a nice pole, but on my hands and knees. This has been so much fun today!
Tomorrow we are driving to Tyson's corner (VA) just outside of Leesburg because there has been no luck shopping for a dining set, book cases, or a computer desk. Penny's and Macys both have something we like. but, None of the ones around here are big enough to have furniture on display. Besides, after today... we need a field trip!
When we get home I will mow the lawn here at the rental, and then see about doing a floor coating on the garage... (I haven't quite got my head around that one yet - mix this with that, pour it all out spread it around... how complicated can it be?!!!) I guess we will see.
More to follow I am sure!

No comments: