Well I stand by my previous words. I used to say it in Cross Country in High School. I used to say it in Softball... So lets add rowing and Golf to the list! I am here to tell you HEALTH HURTS!!!!
Jen says that for every week I have not exercised, I will be working a MONTH to get back to where I was. Well . . . Thanks daughter for the "good news"...(pure sarcasm there). I haven't been able to workout like I did before we moved here. That means that I haven't worked out since say March! 4 weeks in a month. . . that is 5 months (counting March) roughly 20 weeks! So for me to get back to where I was I am going to hurt for 20 months? THAT is just wrong!
Today I left work early and I played Golf. I WALKED IT JEN!. . . do I get time off for that? I mean... come on here! 18 holes! 5,514 yards of walking (if I walked strait - and I don't because I don't usually hit the ball straight!). . . With HILLS too! I REALLY think I ought to get some time off for that, AND I rowed when I got home too!
Did I mention Health Hurts?...
Well, It is nice to know how long it will take me to recoup the damage from me not exercising. I know that I will get better, and I will live through the pain. I actually enjoyed golf today. The pace is slower walking with the cart. I found I took time to stop and think about most every shot and what I was doing with each swing. Mind you... that doesn't mean every shot was good! I still had 6 penalty strokes ( If the ball goes into the woods, there is a good chance you're not getting it back!). I shot a Wonderful 103! If you were to discount the penalties I broke 100. But I don't discount them and I still haven't gone under that magical barrier of 100 without penalties. That day will come though!
All in all, it was a good day. Thanks Jen for the sharing of information, even if it does mean I have to work harder and longer before the belly goes away.
We may be going out and about sight seeing and picture taking tomorrow. If so, well I will post some more pictures.
Be Happy! :)
Breastmilk and popcorn
10 years ago
1 comment:
Yes, thanks sooooo much Jen for that bit of info! Talk about a motivation killer!! I'm going to have to work out for like the next 50 years if I want to get my pre-married figure back! Ugh!!!
I understand completely about health hurting! Ya know what is really pathetic, Derek and I get sore from playing the Wii!!!!!!
Post a Comment