Well, The weekend has come and gone and I don't think Jane or I got any "real" rest. Friday after work we had to run to Sears and get our appliances ordered for the house. It seems the hood over the range, and the dishwasher are considered "real property" and as such have to be installed before the final appraisal can be done. So we bought a range, hood, and dishwasher and had them delivered on Saturday. They arrived close to their time and even installed the range ( Jane stopped and bought the cord as we were warned it does not come with one!) Then I set about installing the Dishwasher. . .x$%*&$^% there were problems! . . . okay, lets do the hood! @ %@&$ . .. more problems, AND... did you know that exhaust hoods do not come with the "power cord kit" anymore? I did not! OH YEAH! Did I mention the cabinet that the hood was to mount too . . . did not have any wood stringers to attach the screws to? . . . ********* still more problems! At this point... Janie was not happy with me, I was not happy at all... (she saw a side of me I don't like to show)... and I was off to Lowe's, and to Sears. Sheeesh! All in all things got better after that. I installed the dishwasher, I installed the hood and we got to go home at around 7:00 I think. I stopped at KFC and got dinner, and we relaxed for the rest of the evening. Needless to say, Sunday was a wash. We did n-o-t-h-i-n-g! Today we did our walk through (so the contractor can fix what we find wrong) and that went well. Jane has some running around to do getting water, sewer, power, phone, and cable hooked up or put in our name. Then on Friday afternoon while I am at work Jane will do the final walk through. At 5:00 we sit down and sign papers and get keys! . . . Saturday, I epoxy the garage floor! . . . Ah the pleasures of being a home owner!
Breastmilk and popcorn
10 years ago
6 comments:
That looks like a nice house and beautiful neighborhood! Are you going to add a deck or anything?
I spy Jane in that picture!! :)
Can you leave a comment on your own blog? or is that bad blog etiquette... Hmmm I don't know!
LOL... I didn't realize that was the pic with Jane in it. too funny. As for the back we are leaning towards stone retaining walls and a level flagstone patio over the idea for a deck... but still in the planning stages.
I think that would look really nice! Its such a beautiful lot!
I think its ok to comment on your own blog.... no bad blog etiquette or anything. ;)
so why did it not come with hood and dishwasher?? Wow you still have that bad side when installing things?? Ha ha ha It happens to the best of us. I had one of those days just trying to vacumn the other day.
Looks like a nice place.
Note: Hoods don't come with power cords, you have to buy the kit. Dishwashers don't come with a power cord either, they are expected to be hard wired in... AND, if the house was not set up for a dishwasher then you need to buy that kit as well. Also, If you buy a new electric range... you guessed it. No power cord! (the same with dryers - but we got lucky on that one, the cable we had matches! woo hoo!)
Derek has the same issues whenever he trys to install things or build things for around the house! Must be hereditary! ;)
Post a Comment