Sunday, May 3, 2009

I'm building a deck!



Hello everyone,

I haven't been on here lately (like you hadn't noticed). Between work, and the weather, and this deck I have not been on here to do much of anything. So here's the deal. I am just starting the deck. We had to do the planning, the permit and all the hoopla that goes along with that.
I have three of my support holes dug, one a night after work... except that I worked this weekend and ... it's raining still. I have six more holes to dig before I can get inspected and then start setting post in cement. and going like gangbusters to try and have it done, and inspected before Janes sister Catherine gets here for a visit. AAAGGGGGHHHH!!!!! nope, I can do this!
We are doing golf lessons on Thursday nights and so I can't dig holes then. sigh...
Someone just came by and gave me half the money for the Stealth, and I will get the other half on next weekend when they come to get the car. Then, no more car for Tom... just the old Dodge truck... another sigh!
I have dethatched the lawn, and reseeded it and the grass is doing really well in most places. But the two weeks of waiting is over and I need to mow now... only... it's raining! I will manage to squeeze that in between the golf lessons and the deck! oh... and work.
I am going to try and put a pic of the deck on the page here... if it doesn't work? well... I guess you'll have to wait and see the pics of the final product.
I just tried and I couldn't get it to work! Sorry.

That's all for now!

Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Iust caught up with you Tom - didn't think you had had much tme lately to blog because of all the hard work Jane says you have been doing outside! The pictures will be worth waiting for but don't forget Rome wasn't built in a day!xx

Jane, Tom, and Charlie said...

Thanks Mum!... the lumber and all the hardware just arrived before I did. But... We WILL be taking it slowly! LOL