Well, I am sorry about the drain plate being in the picture, I didn't notice it until I got ready to post the picture and I thought... Janie will say something about the drain being in the picture. I bet I am right too! LOL...
It's a pretty little bush and the grass is starting to turn green as well. We bought a dethatcher that I can pull behind the tractor (after I change the front tires - they're worn out, and one is flat). There is still some cleaning up of leaves, and sticks to rake and burn, and then the planning for the back ( the jury is still in deliberation - deck? pati0? deck/patio? all stone? all wood? wood & stone? ) . We took some pictures today of the back that we printed in black and white and we can draw ideas on. Then work can start in earnest for me... at home... for the season.
Plans for this year are a deck, a wall (stone, free standing in appearance but there will be mortar where you can't see it. A shed for my wood working and yard care items, and of course helping Janie with the "Garden"... yep... it's offical! We will be having a "Garden" at the Loveless residence... We will not be having a "Back yard" like most of the people living in the United States... ( I say "most" because I know Janie is not the only resident from the UK that prefers Garden over Back yard). .. My only question is this... If it's called a "garden" then can I plant Corn, Tomatos, Beans, Potatos, and such any where I want?
I think I know the answer to that, but I will wait until My Beautiful Bride reads this and comes hunting for me instead ... for my answer.
Well, that's all for now... Bye! :^)
3 comments:
I'd say yes, you can plant your veggies anywhere you want, afterall, the whole backyard is the garden right? :)
I agree! Vegetables can grow well and look good planted alongside flowers. But will we be growing 'tomaytoes' or 'tomartoes'?! I guess I'll have trouble finding "tomartoes here'! Jane
PS Now we just have to agree on the design/size/shape etc of the deck...!
Love this blog, gave me a real laugh, it will be interesting to see how it all works out; but remember they say it takes 7 years to develop a new garden from scratch!
Post a Comment