Monday, May 25, 2009

Thoughts on Memorial Day



I think this day touches me more than most every other holiday that we celebrate. I have served my country for over 32 years and am still going... In that time I have never been put in harms way, or taken up arms against any enemy. For that I must be thankful to God.


On this day I think of the many soldiers who rest at Arlington National Cemetary, The Cemetarys in Normandy, and around the world from all the places they have fought and died to preserve a better way of life for everyone, not just Americans.


I think of My Father, and My Son who have answered the call and gone into whatever was waiting for them and thankfully coming home again... I am humbled by all the soldiers who have gone and fought to preserve freedom, who have not questioned the cost and paid what was required of them.


On this day when I look at my career, and how easy I have had it... I am very grateful and honored to know those who have served in conflict. I proudly stand and salute you all!


For those that have served and given the ultimate price of that service I ask God to give you peace, much honor, and rest... For those who have served and survived. May God give you Blessings unending and watch over you for the rest of your days!




To all who have served... Thank you and God Bless!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very well said. One of the few holidays that can choke me up in a hurry. I really wish more people would at least take a few minutes to remember the reason for the day, instead of just celebrating another day off.

Tom