Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What better way to learn about the United States

With Jane needing to have some more paperwork done on her immigration work in the up coming year, and being a Mum of a wee tike in the United States. I thought it would be good to help her out with some of the simpler things about America. Why not start with the States, and their capitals. This thing is so much better than the preschool one they used to do. This one actually talks to you and tells you the state and the capital when you put the piece back in. I ordered it for Jane and had it delivered to her through the mail (gift wrapped of course!). She likes it and got a good laugh out of it. She said I was the only person brave enough to get her a childrens map as a gift... but hey! She likes it! LOL
Jane just told me that she went to their website and they have others puzzles as well, Animals, cars and trucks, the Alphabet... too. I think, that she KNOWS the Animals and the alphabet too... If the cars and trucks are all American vehicles we will have to work on that one together. Oh... and... I have to remind her that over HERE we do not say "zed" for the letter "Z". It is going to be fun watching her teaching our little one to be bi-lingual LOL ... American English, AND "The Queen's" English.
Jane gets to help with the numbers... I am no good there anyway... And they will learn American History together. This is going to be SO FUN!!!!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: