Friday, January 16, 2009

It's Friday!!!!!

Funny, me saying that... I only worked two days this week. But it was THAT kind of a two day week!
Today was 7 degrees with a 15-25 mile an hour wind. I was outside in it most of the day and well... IT's COLD!!!! Oh, I had all my cold weather gear on and for the most part it was okay, I managed. I do need to get one of those ski mask that exposes only your mouth and eyes though.

We have been to Washington state and back last week on into Monday night. Dad got sick and was admitted to the hospital so we had to move up our plans to come home by a couple of weeks. I think it is safe to speak for everyone that was there when we were. It was stressful to say the least. Dad was not doing well when I got there, and fortunately all that they were doing for him worked, and the day before Jane and I had to fly home he was moved to a temporary facility for rehabilitation. He was still tired from the ordeal and not being home where he wants so bad to be, but, his color was back and I even saw that twinkle in his eye a couple of times before I left (though not for very long).
The upside to the trip was that I got to see all my siblings, and my son Derek, Alicia, and Jadon... What a kick that little boy is! between Colton... and Jadon... I like being a Grandpa!... A LOT!!!!
I stay in contact with family in the area and am told that he is doing well and feeling better. The hope is that he will be able to recover completely and go home. . . Only time will tell. ..
So, if you are of a mind to do some praying... It sure would help!
I have three nice days off now, and on Sunday I get to watch my Cardinals play in a Championship game - I believe my son Alex said it best... "Where did they come from???" Who knows... maybe even a shot at the Super Bowl LOLOL.... Wouldn't THAT be something!!! If you have ever seen the Cardinals play in the last... oh... 30 years or so... you know that this is as far as they have EVER been. Should be interesting... I even think Jane is going to watch it with me!
I almost forgot to mention... We had snow! . . . Thursday morning I walked out the door to about one inch of white powdery snow. . . By noon... it was gone. Frankly, I don't think that really counts. I didn't even get to play in it!... sigh! . . . still waiting!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Around here, that counts as snow! ;)
Great to see you guys in Washington, and so glad that we got to see grandma and grandpa!

Jane, Tom, and Charlie said...

Now where did you get the idea that I was going to watch it too??!! I believe I must have other plans...I am sure I have??!! Jane