Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's Holiday season!!!!

Well, Thanksgiving is just around the corner! So I guess it's time to shift into gear and get in the "festive mode". The Bell ringers are out with their pots collecting money for the Salvation Army ( At least I haven't seen any Santa Suits there yet! ). After Thanksgiving weekend I will get with my co-worker Ryan and borrow his 40' ladder and put lights on the house. Tonight I saw 3 does in the neighborhood just up the street across our intersection where they have cleared the lots of trees to build, but, there is no construction going on there, just nice green grass to munch on. ( I don't suppose they'll want to stand in my front yard with lights on them - so the ones in the basement will come out when it's time).
Jane told me today that Mum and Cath are reading our Blog! Too cool! . . . I guess this means we've gone International! How cool is that! LOL Hello Mum! and Hello Cath!
I had to ask Janie if the UK celebrates Thanksgiving? She looked at me funny and said... no, you know "we" don't... Well, she's going to this year LOL... I don't know why I thought they did... oh well.
I was wrapped up like that little kid in "The Christmas Story" today, The wind was blowing, we had snow flurrys and it was cold!!! We were putting panels back on one of the engines. Fun Fun!!! I managed to stay warm in my thermal coveralls, and gortex jacket and pants. I think Winter is coming early!
Tomorrow we are having a little Thanksgiving lunch at work. The boss is cooking the Turkey, There will be Dressing, Vegetables, and of course kids... Dad made his home made apple pie, with home made crust. Jane has a Dental appointment and so won't get to have any of this one. But, I have to make another one for Thanksgiving Day and she will have all of that one she wants... ala' mode with French Vanilla Ice Cream! So in case you have forgotten what they look like here is a picture!

PS. If you come see me... I'll make you your own pie, and you won't even have to share it! LOL


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well. hello to you too,Tom and Jane from the 'International Set' hope you are enjoying your Thanksgiving. Looking forward to you being 'litup!'LOLx