It's nice to log on and read what everyone says and we feel a little more connected when you interact with us in this way... Thank you! We are both a long way from home ( kinda in the middle actually - between the two parts of the world we came from) and it is nice to hear from you...
I missed getting the pictures I wanted of the beautiful trees changing leaves here, It is truly a sight to behold. Coming from Pine, Fir, Spruce, Ceder, Redwood forest... I have never had the opportunity to see a "disiduous" forest before. I always looked forward to those country magazines you see in the Dr or Dentist office this time of year with their beautiful pictures of Autumn. I must say that seeing it first hand is better! We have this little road that brings us to our development. It goes down through a small and narrow valley and it has a stream (or creek) at the bottom of it. When the leaves were changing, and the sun hit them in the evening I was in complete awe of the beauty and splendor of it. Sorry I didn't get pictures this year. Maybe next year!
Today felt like Fall. It rained heavy all day at work, and fortunately I was in the hanger all day working on a plane inside for a change. I don't mind the rain, Time spent in Oregon in my High School years cured that. But, It was the cold wet day that made it feel like Winter is not far away. I raked the leaves away from the house yesterday, and then used the riding lawn mower ( my little tractor ) and chopped them up and put them in the bagger. Once I had them all picked up and dumped under the trees I passed over the lawn again and picked up everything I missed. . . It looked great! . . . last night... and when I left for work at 6:00 this morning. Now there are leaves everywhere again, only now they are wet! So I will wait before picking them up... Had my Grandson's been here I would have raked them into a great big pile and we would have had to have jumped in them! Yep... there was even enough to make it fun for me!
I guess this weekend we are driving to Manassas Virginia to get a car for Janie. A replacement for the Intrepid of course. That's a couple of hours drive from here, but for some reason the further away from this area you get, the better the prices get... Insurance was good to us so we can get something nice, but not brand new and not have payments. . . WHEW!!!!
I think I know what Mom has meant all these years when she says "It's a good life! . . . If you don't weaken!" So here we are hanging in there, Living and Loving each day as it comes to us.. . We miss you all! and We Hope you are having a Really Great Day!
Breastmilk and popcorn
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment