Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thanks for the help son!


Hello again,


This has been quite a day for us. Friends of ours needed help moving today, I was there at 9 this morning and Jane followed after she had her tea and some breakfast. It took us three trips with the U-haul, and three pickups to get them in. Now they only have the little things to take care of. WHEW!... I am getting too old for this! We have another friend moving in the middle of August, and then it is our turn in September... It all works well, We help them... and they help move THE PIANO!!! (little do they know, I get the best part of that deal!).

Tomorrow we are going looking for some scenery to take pictures of and have a nice day out in the country. It is really beautiful here and there is plenty to see. Not to mention the History around here. We are basically located at the northern end of the Shennandoah valley, and only 9 miles from Antietem battle field, A little further to Harper's Ferry, and an hour from Washington D.C.

The picture of the house is the one we are buying. It is located in a small development in the woods just four miles from the base. We sign papers on the 29th of August ( I will be epoxy coating the garage floor on the 30th!) and then we have a couple of weeks to move in. We will both be SO GLAD when we get moved! This is it for a while. . . I will retire from here for sure, all I have to do is decide if it is in 5 more years, or do I go to 60? This is something only time will tell!

I will try and post a picture from our travels with my postings. This one will be a picture from Antietem Battle field. I hope you like it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Tomass,
I remember the piano and I'm VERY glad I'm all the way across the country!! Looks like you 2 have picked a wonderful spot to settle down. Enjoy. Kurt & Lynn

Anonymous said...

Have fun taking pictures! Make sure you share them with us!! Landscape pictures are my favorite!

Anonymous said...

Hi both of you. Wow, I'm impressed and it's a great way to keep up to date!
Looks like you'll both be professional movers shortly....fancy helping out over here??!
Have fun, Cathy xxxx