Thursday, July 31, 2008

Scenery and Work





Hello again,


Alicia wanted some scenery, and well... While everyone that reads this is used to watching the beautiful sunsets we have on the West coast.


This is a typical sunrise from the parking lot at work (taken with my cell phone no less). The colors were definietly brighter, but I didn't have my camera with me and I have wanted to share this with you at home. Some mornings the Sun is a bright pink/orange ball in the sky... it's nice to see and start your day with.



The second picture is obviously taken at work. This is what we call kneeling the plane. It actually lowers to the ground to aid in loading. The visor (the part that is in the air) raises out of the way, the ramp comes down and if you look real close you can see a truck backing into the cargo area. The back also opens up so you can load from there as well. Once loaded and closed up they raise it back up from the kneeling position and away they go.

Things are starting to pick up a bit. I was out on the line all day today with everyone else (lots of work to do) and then night shift took over where we left off. We are having an Airshow across the runway (on the civilian side) in September (20-21). So I may have some better pictures of planes to share then.

Work this weekend, and then next week its off to photograph a Waterfall up in Maryland and picnic by a lake maybe. Hope for good Weather!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that east coast sunrises are very beautiful! When we were there in 2005, I took about 20 pictures of the 1 sunrise we got up to watch from Cocoa Beach, FL.

I didn't realize they lowered the plane down in the front to do the loading, that's pretty neat! Thanks again for the clubs!!!

Ryan & Jen said...

I think you're getting the hang of this blogging thing daddio. That's a pretty good picture of the sunrise with it being on your cell. I wish you could meet Hank, you'd love him! He says hi!