Thursday, February 11, 2010

They SAY... the bad storm is over!


If you came to my house today, this is what you would see. . . LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of snow!
Behind that huge pile of snow is my 3/4 truck which makes a pretty good projectile on ice (nope... it's not going ANYWHERE for a long time!).




There is really that much snow there behind the truck. Mind you the wind has moved all the loose snow and what is left is pretty much chunky to dig.

Snow plows are Great for the roads... not so much for where the driveway meets the road, and of course Mail boxes. .. if the mail man can't get to it, you don't get any mail. so I had to dig that out too.





We seem to be getting more snow that everyone else. Actually what it seems to be is a whirlwind effect that dumps it all in our front yard and driveway when the wind blows. And let me tell you... the last two days we have had a LOT of wind.






This is our wall of snow walk to the front door. .. NICE eh!



This is what you get for $800.00, A snow plow that cuts one path down your street to drive on, and as I said before... The pile of snow in front of your freshly dug driveway and mailbox... well... they leave that for free!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thats crazy!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree Alicia - that's crazy snow! just like our worst N.E.England winters which fortunately haven't been so bad recently. I love the pics of Jane tho Tom she looks beautiful (and I know you're forgiven!)xxx