Saturday, January 30, 2010

SNOW

Well,

I have been REAL BAD about blogging. I have just been going at work and when home unwinding or going and doing things with Janie. I had to work again today trying to get this plane back to flying status after the inspections. But, it didn't happen today and thank goodness (for me) it won't happen tomorrow either.
We were supposed to get a "dusting of snow" here today. Well, what we got was at least I would guess four inches. I left work about 1:15 and headed home. The road we drive that goes in front of our development was covered in snow, under that it iced up and was like a skating rink.
I tried to come in the easy way, (fewer hills to climb) and no matter what I did, it wasn't happening. I went to the grocery store and put 400 pounds of salt ( I can use it in our water softener) over the back axle of the truck, I let almost all of the air out of my tires and I still couldn't make it. Fortunately a neighbor came by with a 4 wheel drive pickup. We talked and he took his family to the house. In the mean time, I went all the way back around to the other access road and parked at the 7-11 where he picked me up... I got home about 4:30.
I was so tired that I layed down for a nap, and woke up at about 6:45. What a day!

I promise Alicia... pictures will follow! maybe tomorrow... after I dig out the driveway!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forget the snow pictures, I just want to see pictures of Jane's big belly! :)
I was wondering how far along you were now... I just told Derek the other day that its getting really close, I bet Jane is getting super excited! I am getting super excited for you!

Jane, Tom, and Charlie said...

The "Belly Pictures" those are quite an ELUSIVE thing! Just trying to get her to stand for them is quite the chore. I may need some help from you kids, Mum, Catherine and anyone else I can recruit to say HEY JANE!!!! WE WANT TO SEE BABY BELLY PICTURES!!!!

LET TOM TAKE THEM!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I can TOTALLY understand how she feels about getting her picture taken! I HATE getting mine taken too. HOWEVER, after the baby comes you'll be glad to have belly pictures to look back at. Even though I hate to have my picture taken, I wish I had taken more... especially with Jadon since I only have a few with him. I was much more diligent the second time around to take more.
So, HEY JANE!!!! WE WANT TO SEE BABY BELLY PICTURES!!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'll just be very happy to see pictures of your lovely wee boy or girl in 6 or 7 weeks time - so you can send some more snow pics Tom as our snow and ice has almost gone!! lots of lovexxx