We've been on quite a dry spell lately... Not weather wise, but there has really been NOTHING going on here! LOL... Sorry Mum! It's not that we haven't been busy, but it's been the normal day today things... I had to put a quart of oil in the truck and I noticed that it is almost time to change the oil out! I had to add a quart because over the last 5,000 miles (that is the interval I change it out at using my Amsoil, for the first two uses.) I have a little valve cover leak so that is why I had to add some. The truck almost made it a year on 5000 miles. But, maybe next year.
Let's see... I changed a headlight bulb today on the Chrysler! As Jane was leaving for her Yoga class I noticed one was out. So, today I picked up what I needed and fixed it when I got home.
Oh my goodness... Janie had a Birthday!... I bought her some more flowers (she got some for Valentines too!) and of course a couple of cards. I also got her an MP3 Player and some travel speakers to go with it, and it came with a memory card too). I let her research it online and pic just what she wanted, and then I ordered it for her. I left work early and went to Martin's ( one of the grocery stores here) and picked up everything I needed and suprised her. I cooked her a nice dinner and we had a real nice candle lit dinner with the flowers, and champange. I even sang her Happy Birthday ( I don't know if that was a bonus or not... but I did it anyway!).
The dinner was a stir fry of sorts. I kind of free lance when I cook a lot of the time. It was cut strips of veal, cubes of beef, mushrooms, baby red onions, baby red, white and blue potatos, broccoli, peas, bean sprouts, cut roma tomatos and chopped scallions. All brasied in virgin olive oil, and then simmered in water and seasoned with a crushed italian seasoning until done. She loved it and we had enough that we ate it for dinner last night as well. She wouldn't let me bake a cake. She said she had enough Chocolate from her birthday packages from England. I don't want to forget anything anyone got her so I will let her post what she wants there... The only other thing that has been going on is a lot of rowing, treadmill (for Jane) and abdominal and back workout for me. Oh... and I am almost done with the webpage for my Amsoil venture. I will include a link when I get it done.
PS... Mum... You liked the pic so much... (as do I) so I put it on here for you! :)
1 comment:
We've had a "drought" here too... I guess thats a good thing!
Happy birthday Jane!
Post a Comment