Friday, December 19, 2008

Well, another week done!

Today was a good day at work. . . This unit allows civilian attire for special days so I got to go to work in jeans and a chamois shirt with thermals under to keep me warm. We did NOTHING today except launch an airplane for a cross country. We had our Technician lunch today so Jane made a Shepherd's Pie last night and I took that in.. . . as Always... it was REALLY GOOD!!!! Along with the other goodies that everyone brought in it was nice. I came home and fixed the Christmas lights as they went out last night. Two blown fuses and all is working again. Hopefully I will not have any more problems.
I only have to go in on the 23rd for a launch (civilian clothes again - and not until 1000!) then I might have to go in the 31st for a launch too. other than that... time to relax and watch the fire with Charlie. He is so cute sometimes. . . He waits until I sit down to watch TV and then he casually walks in and sits down in front of the fireplace (mouse is always there) and stares at me like "okay, I am here now... make it work!" If I do he curls up with mouse and goes to sleep. We keep the camera handy because sometimes it's REALLY CUTE!
I keep watching the weather... hoping... Snow before Christmas, Snow before Christmas, Snow before Christmas!!!! only rain so far. hmmmmmm

I sent Jane a picture of a nice dog that I would like to get... well, actually either/or...
Go to fullsize image Go to fullsize image that would be a Bloodhound puppy, or a Irish Wolfhound puppy(though... those in the picture are all grown up!)

Either way I don't think I get one until I retire and I can take care of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you might have some snow in the forecast.... i'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Alicia

Anonymous said...

Well done Jane, your British shepherds pie passed muster but I don't think you'll get a dog past Jane just yet Tom!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tomx