Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Where to begin?... What to do?

Hi,

I guess there is no better way to say it than this... Jane is gone to England... and boy... am I ever lost!!! She just left on Saturday, I went down to Glouster VA to visit one of my very dear friends from Klamath Falls (Tim Reinhardt - for those of you who remember him). Man it was good to see him, and to finally meet Mary. I had a great time and the only things wrong were 1. not enough time, and 2. Jane wasn't there to get to know them as well. But, I have talked to her and we will be going back to visit ( hopefully in November - its not a bad drive!).
Well, once home... Charlie was very glad to see me, but... the house seems really big, and empty! I Miss Jane! . . . I bought a water softener to put in while she is gone. I have upper and lower ball joints and a power steering pump to fix on the truck, as well as winterizing the vehicles... I have made an offer on an attic ladder for the garage and I need to reinforce the rafters and sheet it so I can store things up there... Oh, and set up some shelves and get my tools out of the boxes in the basement, and onto the shelves.
So, it's not like I don't have something to do! . . . BUT... It's so much better, and more fun with Jane doing these things with me.
Hopefully I will get out and take some pictures this weekend. The fall colors are in full bloom and I would like to try and get some of the wondeful colors on camera. This (I am going to butcher this word!) disiduous forest is really beautiful! Coming from the North West I have only seen it in pictures. So, I am really enjoying it~! ... again... Jane usually enjoys it with me.
Well she doesn't get back until the 5th of November. . . So I guess I will have to kick it into gear and get on with the things I have set out to do.
Sorry, no pictures this time... ( what would I share? a pic of the water softener? it's not even hooked up yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well hopefully the time that Jane is away will go fast!